EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2012
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Email addresses. You provide us with your email address during the registration process. Your email address is part of your account log in and is required in order to use most site services. Kitsy Lane may use your email to provide customer service, and to contact you about updates and promotion relating to Kitsy Lane’s services. We may also receive a confirmation when you receive and open such emails. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by adjusting your email preferences in your Kitsy Lane account. However, users who wish to remain active Boutique Owners must consent to receiving our instructional and promotional emails. Registered Kitsy Lane users are either customers or boutique owners. Their email addresses may be handled differently as follows:
- Boutique owner email addresses: The Kitsy Lane website provides the ability for customers to contact Boutique Owners through Kitsy Lane. These customer messages will be sent to the Boutique Owner’s email address, with a copy to the customer’s address if requested.
Registration and account information. During registration or when making a purchase, you may provide additional pieces of information to us, such as your name, address, gender, birthday, shipping information, and payment information (discussed further below). We use this information to personalize your shopping experience, fulfill your orders, and contact you in case of customer service issues. You may view, edit, and correct any account information by visiting the My Account section of our site.
Payment information. When making a purchase, you provide us with your credit card information in order to make payment. By selecting the relevant box at checkout time, you may request that we not store your credit card number and expiration date; otherwise, we will store it as a convenience to you for future orders. All payment information is protected and is not disclosed to any parties other than to the extent needed to authorize and process payments and refunds for purchases you have made.
History of communications. We may keep a log of your communications with Kitsy Lane, whether through email, social media, telephone, or other means.
Boutique Owner personal information. If you become a Kitsy Lane Boutique Owner, you may be required to provide us with additional information such as your PayPal address and social security number. Your social security number will be protected and will not be disclosed to any parties other than to the extent required by law, such as for purposes of reporting your earned income to the IRS. We may also publish certain Boutique Owner information, such as name, city, state, photo, sales results, and product reviews, to highlight the Boutique Owner’s achievements for promotional or motivational purposes. We will not publish your street address or phone number without your consent.
Information regarding your use of our services. We may gather additional information about your use of our services through the use of log files and web analytics tools. This information is generally not tied to personally identifiable information and is used in aggregate to identify patterns across the site. This includes data like:
1) Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address, and type of device, browser, and operating system);
2) URLs that refer visitors to our sites;
3) Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites;
4) Dates and times of visits to our sites;
5) Information on page views, site navigation patterns, and other site transactions taken;
6) Geographic location (such as city and/or country) of site visitors.
We use this information to help us improve our site and services, and we may share some of the data and analytics with Boutique Owners to help them improve their offerings.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize you. Cookies are used to help identify you, keep you logged into our site as you go from page to page, and to provide a more personalized experience for you. Through your browser’s settings, you can instruct the browser to stop accepting cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies from our site, you may not be able to use many functions on our site.
- Email addresses and Facebook notifications of other users (provided by you). The Kitsy Lane site includes features where users may communicate with others (both registered and non-registered users) through the Kitsy Lane site, via email or Facebook notifications. If you use these features, Kitsy Lane will send a message via email or Facebook notifications on your behalf. The email addresses and Facebook contact information you have entered will only be used for that purpose. In the case of a Boutique Owner, Kitsy Lane may retain and display, within the Boutique Owner’s account only, the email addresses or Facebook contact information entered by the Boutique Owner, as well as the number and times the Boutique Owner has sent messages to those addresses/users through the Kitsy Lane site. The email addresses and Facebook contacts will not be made available to anyone else, nor used by Kitsy Lane for any other purpose.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Kitsy Lane does not rent or sell any of your personal information. In addition, we do not share any personal information with third parties, other than in the specific cases described above and in the scenarios outlined below:
- Legal requirements. We make account and personal information available when it is required by law.
- Third-party service providers. We may use third-party companies or individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, sending emails, hosting our website, analyzing our data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They will have access to personal information as needed to perform their functions. They may not disclose or use this personal information for any other purposes.
- Business transfers. We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Kitsy Lane takes the security of your private information very seriously, and we do our best to maintain its security. We encrypt your personal account information during transmission using state-of-the-art Secure Sockets Layer (SSL); however, it is important that you also protect against unauthorized use or viewing of your account by safeguarding your password.
Please also note that email is not a secure means of communication; please do not send sensitive information to us via email.
Our site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by third-party companies with their own privacy practices, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party sites.
MAIL: Kitsy Lane, Inc., 115 Kingston St, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02111
If you would like to unsubscribe, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org